UFCW Local 655 is ready to fight
How you can help: We Are MO
While the UFCW is committed to winning this fight, we certainly won’t be alone. We Are MO is a broad and diverse coalition of workers, seniors, students, and hard-working Missouri families fighting to build up Missouri’s economy so that it works for everyone. This coalition is also going to hold extremist politicians, greedy corporate lobbyists, and CEO’s accountable. They will defend working people in the Show-Me state from attacks to reduce their freedom and take money out of their pockets.There’s lot of ways for you to stand up for Missouri workers:
Get the facts about RTW
- Dubbed ‘Right-to-Work’ by supporters, it has nothing to do with “rights.” All Missourians have a “right” to work, and “Right-to-Work” laws do nothing to make it easier to find a job.
- These laws take away the freedom of working people to negotiate together for a fair deal at work.
- In Missouri, Proposition A will make “Right-to-Work” the law of the land in 2018 unless it is defeated. Prop A is being supported by out-of-state interests and billionaire CEO’s who want to pay their employees less money and keep more for themselves.
- Not a single business has publicly stated that passing Prop A would make them want to relocate here. It doesn’t grow jobs, it grows CEO salaries.
- CEO salaries are 364x HIGHER in RTW states.
- The median household income is on average $8,470 LESS in RTW states.
- Missouri created more jobs in 2016 than every single RTW neighbor state.
- Workplace deaths are 58% HIGHER in RTW states.
- The rate of poverty is HIGHER in RTW states.
- Working people in RTW states are less likely to have health insurance.